Your objectives should dictate your workout schedule, and for many people, the primary goal is to obtain a specific body type, usually either lean or bulky.It is up to you if you like to be Lean Fit body or bulky, and it may well depend on how you want your body to perform. A bulkier frame will allow you to lift more weight and be more assertive, whereas a thin body will let you go faster and longer. Make sure to maintain a fitness mindset to achieve your preferred body. So, let’s take a closer look at both body types and how to acquire them.
Lean Fit Body
Characteristics of Lean Fit Body
This is the more athletic body type, with more pronounced lean muscle. Body fat levels will be low in a toned physique; in fact, body fat levels have a more significant impact on toned definition than muscle mass. Although being lean entails having a more thin body, it does not imply skinny. Your body fat level will be low, which leads to a toned muscle, but you will still be practicing resistance activities, which will allow you to develop a muscular physique. Compared to bulky muscle, lean muscle is lighter and can perform faster and more explosive motions.
Benefits of a Lean Fit Body
- Low body fat. A slim body has less visceral fat and general body fat, which is one of the essential body objectives in terms of aesthetics for many individuals, improves the quality of life, and lowers the chance of acquiring certain diseases.
- Flexibility. When you have less body fat and more lean muscle, your joints are less stressed, and your body is more flexible. This is beneficial both in and out of the gym, and it can have a significant impact on your daily life.
- More freedom with training. If you’re attempting to gain muscle mass and grow bulky muscle, you’re limited in the kind of exercises you can do because you can only focus on strength training. You can focus on muscle building and other sorts of activity if you have a lean body type.
Limitations of a Lean Fit Body
- Strength limitations. To retain lean muscle mass, you can’t eat too many calories each day or focus too much on muscle and strength development.
- The calorie deficit can be problematic. If you want to lose weight and get a lean body, you’ll need to be in a calorie deficit, which might be difficult. You may feel tired or sluggish, and losing a lot of weight in a short period might weaken your immune system and make you more susceptible to sickness.
How to achieve a Lean Fit Body
The goal here isn’t to build muscle but to lose body fat so that forces may be toned — muscular size isn’t as vital as the definition in a lean physique. To do this, your daily calorie intake must be 200-300 calories, fewer than the number of calories you burn each day. This is a long-term and healthy strategy to lose weight, and you should aim for a weekly weight loss of 1-2 pounds. The most crucial component in developing a lean body is reducing your caloric consumption, but regular exercise can also help. It will be easier to stay in a calorie deficit if you burn calories with plyometric training, cardio training, and a specific number of strength exercises.
Characteristics of a Bulky Body
Muscle mass is a major priority for people with this body type. A bulky body will have more muscles and a larger overall body size than a slender body, sometimes significantly so. Bulky physiques are associated with greater power and aesthetic perks such as broad shoulders and large arms. It also necessitates weight increase rather than weight decrease.
Benefits of a Bulky Body
- Aesthetics — Many people strive for a bulky body, and large body composition with bulk muscles can boost a person’s confidence and self-esteem.
- Strength – Building a bulkier physique naturally leads to increased strength, which can be helpful in various types of training and everyday life.
- Faster metabolism – Because muscles require more energy than fat, they burn more calories, so the more muscles you have, the quicker your metabolism will be.
Limitations of a Bulky Body
- Boredom – When it comes to strength training, you only have one option: lifting a set amount of weight each week. This can be time-consuming and restricting.
- Dirty bulking – A dirty bulk is the process of gaining weight and muscle mass through risky and harmful methods such as overeating or even steroid use. It’s an attractive choice for individuals looking to save money, but it’s fraught with dangers.
How to achieve a Bulky Body
To obtain a bulkier body, you’ll most likely need to gain weight, depending on your existing body composition. You must be in a calorie surplus each day to achieve this, which means you must consume more calories than you burn. A clean bulk entails a calorie surplus produced with a well-balanced diet, with a gradual increase in calories every few weeks. A sufficient amount of protein is also required for muscle growth, and a bulking diet should include adequate protein. Here, high-quality carbs and lean proteins are your buddies, and you may use protein powders. After that, you’ll need to do some weight training. Along with the increased calorie intake, you’ll need to do some high-intensity resistance training, which will require you to lift more weight than you’re used to.
A fitness mindset views life as a series of destinations rather than journeys. When you genuinely comprehend this, you’ll realize that the joy is in the trip. You start to rejoice in your minor victories and see your setbacks and errors as challenges rather than failures. Even if you make mistakes or run across roadblocks, a fitness attitude will keep you moving forward and making progress in your efforts to lose weight and get in shape.
Things you should be aware of
One of the first things you must grasp to build a fitness mindset is that whatever physical shape you are in now is the consequence of thousands of habitual acts carried out throughout your life. You must also realize that, just as you did not become out of shape and overweight overnight, you will not become in form overnight. You have to comprehend that “instant gratification” is not feasible genuinely. Above all, you must realize that a fitness mindset views life as a journey rather than a destination.
Lessons to Learn
- Any modifications you make must be long-term (i.e., they can’t be too restrictive or dramatic). Because these are habits you’ll have to maintain for the rest of your life, you’ll need to find ways to eat and exercise that are both successful and compatible with your lifestyle.
- Instead of trying to make too many changes at once, you should take small steps. According to research, the number one reason people fail to adopt excellent diet and exercise routines is that they try to make too many changes at once. So, rather than revamping your entire diet and executing an intensive fitness plan all at once, start with a few minor changes. Remind yourself that success produces more success.It would be best if you shifted your perspective (away from instant pleasure) and recognized that modest steps lead to outstanding achievements, and small victories make it easier to boost your efforts.
- You must turn your baby steps into a habit. You must figure out how to make your baby steps a habit so that you can do them without even thinking about it. There are other approaches to developing new habits, but attaching them to current behaviors was the most effective. If you want to start drinking more water, for example, tell yourself, “I’ll drink a glass of water before brushing my teeth in the morning.”
- Instead of long-term goals, you should concentrate on systems and processes. Long-term ambitions indicate that something is wrong with you and will not be satisfied until you achieve them. Focusing on systems and processes still moves you forward, and completing these systems and processes gives you happiness. Rather than waiting until you attain your long-term goal, you can be joyful while becoming in shape.
- Accept responsibility for your current situation and reclaim control over your life. DON’T MAKE EXCUSES! You must stop blaming your physical state on other people and circumstances. It would be best to quit acting like a victim and letting others and circumstances dictate your life.
- You must cultivate a strong “why power.”Instead of concentrating on HOW you will lose weight, consider WHY you want to reduce weight and get in shape. And your justification must be based on intrinsic rather than extrinsic motivation. Intrinsic motives arise from inside and are driven by a desire to satisfy oneself rather than others. Extrinsic incentives demand external confirmation or a monetary payoff. Extrinsic incentives include things like wanting to impress your significant other or spouse at a high school reunion or wanting to please your significant other or spouse. When you rely on extrinsic motives to keep you going, you risk losing motivation and quitting if you don’t get the results you want.
- You must create an “identity-based” objective. Decide what kind of person you want to be and practice doing the things that person regularly does.
8. You must get rid of “stinking thinking.”This is the most time-consuming and challenging task you must complete.” Stinking thinking” convinces you that you aren’t good enough and will never be good enough. Stinking thinking tells you that you’re “not enough.” It highlights all of your previous errors and forces you to label yourself a “failure.”
IN ALL ASPECTS OF LIFE, A FITNESS MINDSET IS IMPORTANT
A fitness mindset views life as a series of destinations rather than journeys. When you genuinely comprehend this, you’ll realize that the joy is in the trip. You start to rejoice in your minor victories and see your setbacks and errors as challenges rather than failures. You also begin to see that by consistently taking baby steps, developing GOOD habits, focusing on the process rather than the goal, and eliminating your stinking thinking (in whatever area of your life you want to improve). Remember, you are developing a fitness mindset‘ – a mindset that will determine your success or failure on your journey to whatever you want to achieve in your life.