Mindsets are crucial things that can drastically impact the development of your life. The thoughts you tell your mind and the aspects you believe about yourself can either avoid change from happening or let new ideas boom. Many types of research on mindsets have shown that the approach you take in thinking about yourself and the surrounding setting can drastically change the way you handle many things. It may the way you handle pressure, stress, way of learning, success rates, response, and even the way how your body shapes up to a fitness program.
Fixed Mindsets vs Growth Mindsets:
- A fixed mindsets individual is always restricted by their thoughts and beliefs. They think that it requires born talent and special abilities with smartness to create that specific task. They never believe that any person can acquire talent with constant effort and persistence. Such individuals always think that they fail due to a lack of intelligence and restricted ability that restricts them from completing their goals. They easily give up with the anxiety of failure and a disbelief that they will be unable to succeed.
- A growth mindsets individual always has free thoughts in all their approach. They know that intelligence and special abilities differ for every person but they can also be developed and enhanced with constant efforts. They take pleasure in learning new aspects, developing new plans, and get inspired by others. They feel that obstacles and challenges are ways to learn new things and excel in life.
Key Differences Between Fixed Mindset vs Growth Mindset:
1.Fixed mindset people always stay away from challenges. They are vulnerable to challenges that restrict them to achieve remarkable things in life.
Growth mindset individuals accept challenges. They are equipped with any type of difficulties that they face in their journey and succeed in life.
2. Fixed mindset people are not ready to accept any criticism as they try to avoid them regardless of the subject and outcome. Due to this, they will never change their wrongdoings as they always think that they cannot be wrong or this is not their approach.
A growth mindset always wants to accept and learn from criticisms. They will listen to feedback and try to improve their approach at all stages of life. Due to this, they achieve success in life more often than fixed mindset individuals.
3. Fixed mindset people think that talent and smartness are always fixed for a person. It can never be acquired or learned by another.
• Growth mindset individuals go for developing any talent. They create and learn the skills since they surely believe in their efforts. A mindset that stimulates then anything can be achieved in life with sheer dedication and the right approach. Hence, they become what they think.
4. Fixed mindset people tend to give up easily on things as they do not strive harder if anything doesn’t work. It will bring a huge difference in winning or losing a battle in any precise subject.
• Growth mindset individuals go harder and have a never-give-up attitude. They set learning goals to try to reach them with optimism and a committed approach. Such people are true winners as this type of approach gets them desired success in all walks of life.
5. Fixed mindset individuals do not want to see the success of others. As they do not believe in themselves, they are insecure about others’ success.
• Growth mindset individuals are reverse in the thought process and get inspired by others’ success. They look for success stories and find certain things that could be helpful for them in their journey.
6. Fixed mindset people think that failure at the end of a journey. They never try to succeed in life after a single failure as they think that a particular task is over for them.
• Growth mindset people always learn from failures. They want to develop as a better person as they look for prospects and learnings in every failure.
7. Fixed mindset individual thinks that learning ends after their student life. They do not try to learn new things in life.
Growth mindset individuals try to keep learning as they possess the eagerness to learn and do new things to transform their life. The actual difference between a fixed mindset vs growth mindset is learning and rising into an improved individual.
Tips on How to Develop a Growth Mindset:
- When there are many hardships or tricky situations in life, the response of an individual is dependent on his thinking. The actions are nothing but a display of our thoughts. Hence, to enable a growth mindset, learn to develop optimistic thoughts, and transform the way you speak to yourself.
- Set learning targets instead of performance targets. Performance targets insist on proving the ability as compared to learning new things daily.
- Speak to yourself regularly about what is the goal of the work you are doing. Are you doing as you relish it, or is it a part of your larger target?
- As it is rightly said, you never fail, you either win or learn. When you are encountered with failure, try to analyze them instead of turning your back directly. Identify your mistakes and work on them to build a proper plan for your goal.
- Train your brain to accept new ideas and make it open to know the latest trends and accept them. It is important to know all the advancements and new ways of approaching things to succeed in life.
- Learning will take some time for you to adapt and master a process. You have to realistic about the timeframes and never stop until to achieve it.
To develop a growth mindset, you have to be eager and devoted to transforming your thoughts about what you can learn and achieve. Update your mindset by associating with John Madsen who is a highly sought-after consultant teaching high-performance individuals and executive teams how to automate championship behavior to get championship results.